Nov 25, 2013

Separating Thanksgiving & Hanukkah

Davida's Aprons
Holiday Apron
For the first time and probably the last time ever, my two favorite holidays will arrive at the same time this year. As awed as everyone else seems to be by this once in 7 millennium phenomenon, my thought process is a little different. When I heard the news, my first thought was, well this sucks. After all I love my mom's Thanksgiving cooking but my mouth waters just thinking about my aunts Chanukah feasts. Not as much to be thankful for when the 2 meals you look forward to for months to are suddenly combined into one.

But on the upside my clients are having a blast. As a freelancer who works with a lot of small companies and a ton of social networking, its incredible to see how creative some people can be. How can any good entrepreneur pass up on this kind of opportunity? In the past month there have been thousands of promotion and product relating to the joining of these two holidays. And every one of my clients that has taken advantage of the joint holidays have done well because of it. (which I must say is great for me to

But what really puzzles me is what happens with this stuff after the one time only holiday is over. Next year are you really going to use the tablecloth with menorahs and turkeys on it. Producing a product cost money and time, so wouldn't a small business lose money off of a product with a 2 month shelf life? But maybe I'm wrong because people seem to be doing it left and right.



Check out some of the ways my clients got their name out there this November.

Midrash Manicures - Thanksgiving-ukkah web header
ArtMuse - Website header (turkey image is favicon)

No comments:

Post a Comment